Wednesday, October 24, 2007

SHE DID IT!!!!

Ruth completed the Nike Women's Marathon last Sunday in San Francisco. Her time was 7 hours and 15 minutes which is AWESOME!!!! That is a whole lot of fast walking without any stopping. And there were hills.......but awesome views......and blisters.....but many fun people.

CONGRATULATIONS RUTH on this fantastic accomplishment. And she raised over $5000 to support the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, too. Thank you for making a difference!

Here are two pictures from Ruth's send off party held by TNT. At the party a few days before leaving town she was given her race singlet along with lots of well wishes, advice, and encouragement.
















This is Ruth with her coach Anita and another friend/supporter Esther:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! That's fantastic!!! What great news!!!

Much congrats to Ruth!!

Meg

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel. Well done to you for being a survivor and well done to Ruth for helping out a great cause in support of you, and completing the marathon in SF. I trained with her in VA Beach a month or so ago - I think she was doing 18 miles and I was doing 12. Like Ruth, I do marathons for Team in Training (2 so far, training for Arizona) to raise money for LLS. Like you, I am a Hodgkin lymphoma survivor, with 5 years in remission coming up in December.

Please congratulate Ruth for me. I don't know her email address to do it myself. Mine is walkn4acure@comcast.net. I am going to add your name to my web site and race shirt to honor your fight and two committed sisters.

Stay strong and healthy, and enjoy each day! Best wishes,
Art Ritter