Tuesday, April 29, 2008

One Year Anniversary!!

It is hard to believe that it has been a full year since my stem cell transplant. I went back and scanned a few of the posts from last April and remembered what it was like. It is nice to have documented the process because I have already forgotten so much of it......maybe the chemo destroyed a few too many brain cells?? Even though I am fighting off another cold right now, I feel like I have been very blessed with great health over this last year of recovery. I don't think I ever posted any pics of me in the hospital last year, so here are a few for memory's sake:

First off, there is transplant day receiving my stem cells via that big syringe....



Then me as a bald beauty walking around with my IV pole - remember the time I thought it was an evil scarecrow in the middle of the night? We decided the morphine pump might have been set a tad too high.... And check out my make-up, I look like I am ready to hit Times Square late night as soon as I find my wig......



And last but not least, a recent family photo for one of Chris' class projects. Look at all the hair that has come back!!!

I keep hearing the Rob Thomas song in my head "Look How Far We've Come". And thanks to all of you for your love, support, and many prayers in getting to this great milestone!

1 comment:

George said...

Rachel - great to see you posting. Davina thinks she even saw you on Skype the other day!!

Fantastic to be able to look back at an increasingly healthy year.

Feeling good enought to travel - to Australia?

Love,
GAB