Friday, May 30, 2014

Not the News We Wanted

Although my biopsy isn't until next Monday (6/2), they did some extra testing on my blood that is showing blasts.  They told us in clinic on Tuesday (5/27) that it looks like my leukemia is back.  They don't want to wait for the biopsy results and feel I should start talking to Duke or Hopkins to see what they can offer me.  We have an appointment next week at Duke to see if I am eligible for a clinical trial there.  We haven't heard much from Hopkins yet.

Since Tuesday I have just been getting platelets every other day and resting at home.  I have aches and fevers in the morning and evening but Tylenol helps, but my energy is still pretty good.  On Monday, I hope there will be time to talk with the VCU doctors about all of the options out there. Please pray that we will be led to the treatment that is best for us.  It is a very hard time right now as it feels like there are fewer and fewer options available.

We told the kids on Thursday and they are really sad but holding up ok.  We really don't know what the next few weeks will hold, but we will take it one day at a time.  We will just lay it at the feet of the Lord as Brant says and continue to pray for miracles.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

God be merciful to you and your precious family. We celebrate your determination to keep fighting. Love you, mother and dad

Anonymous said...

I hope your visit to Duke is hopeful. My fingers are crossed and my prayers are frequent. Never stop fighting Rachel! Carol

George said...

Thanks for keeping us up to date. I think we should switch to the sports news channel as the cancer channel has not had very good stories lately.
It was a so good to hear about Chris's tournament last week, Cyrus had a basketball final today and his team won. Lara is doing well in her netball games and is enjoying throwing the ball around.

All our thoughts and love are with you and the families .
Xoxo,
George A

kandi said...

It is very hard news to hear but you must keep hold of your faith. Things change quickly and it could be that new eyes and circumstances are the answer. Please know that you are never alone and even tho it's a long hard fight, it will be won ! You have a strong army around you to help you. love ya kandi

Anonymous said...

You and you family are in our prayers for strong faith, comfort, answers, and recovery!

Anonymous said...

I'll keep praying for you and your family.

Unknown said...

I'm praying too. Father, Send Your Spirit and Your healing Hand. In Jesus name. Amen Jim Wright