Saturday, August 4, 2007

Back from the Beach

Hi everyone! Sorry for the delay in posting anything new, but we were at the beach on vacation. We had a wonderful time in our cottage with 4 other families - 10 adults and 8 kids this year. You can see from the picture that we had a crowd. I felt great the whole week and had no stomach problems. It was a good thing, too, since we had SOOO much food. And it was all YUMMY...... we were the "cottage of delicious meats" (a play on the Geico commercial about Virginia ham in case you didn't pick it up....). The weather was perfect and we only had one day of rain. The kids spent a lot of time in the surf or playing on the sand. Brant got water-logged boogey boarding and body surfing as well. After the beach there was more fun in the sun playing at the cottage pool. The dads had an early morning fishing trip in the surf which Chris really seemed to enjoy.
OK, enough pics of the beach or I will get in the car and head back there!
This is my big week on the cancer side of things. I will be up in New York to have 3 month scans and a visit with Dr. Moskowitz. I will post on Friday with my news which we are praying will be all positive. I think my stomach issues are over and my stamina seems normal. I haven't felt any unusual fatigue in quite a while. Eight of my old fingernails have come off. I feel like I have nubs on the end of my fingers, but hopefully the new nails will grow quickly, they are already about 3/4 normal length. My hair continues to grow and I no longer feel like a "cancer patient"....just a "cancer survivor" which is so much better!!
That's it for now, I'll be back here on Friday......!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello beautiful!
Sorry we haven't been interneting much lately due to junk we got behind on doing but we are getting back to everyone now. The photo's of the boogie boarding are awesome! We are so happy for you all! I am getting in my extra prayers for what I already believe is true, a clean bill of health from the doctor! Love Cyndi

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel,

Looks like an awesome beach vacation. Maria, Margarita, and I are rooting for that positive news. So glad to hear that your stomach is better and that your nails and hair are growing.

Thanks for keeping your blog up. It's such a great way to find out how you're doing.

Love,

Craig

PS - You're looking great!