Saturday, August 25, 2007

Keep on Walking, Walking, Walking......

Hi there! I thought I would post an update on the progress of my sister, Ruth, who is walking a marathon this October to raise funds for the Lymphoma and Leukemia Society (LLS). She is walking four days each week and I get to be her "Thursday Trainer" (she says that I tend to be a "mean" trainer). We walk together at the YMCA, and this past week I did 5 miles with her at a 15 min/mile pace. I was quite impressed with myself, but Ruth is doing much better than that. Her Saturday walk is the LONG one each week and she did 15 miles this morning (in the heat!!). She has a real coach working with her thru LLS's Team in Training program and she is well on her way to being ready for the marathon. Walking around New York all day gave me an appreciation for how tough it will be to walk for about 8 hours straight!!!

She is approaching 50% on her goal of $6800 which is just an awesome amount for one individual to raise for cancer research and support. Thanks to so many of you that have already donated, and for others who are interested, please visit her website at http://www.active.com/donate/tntva/rnrgrrls where you can donate online. I have updated my blog format a little and her links are now right under my picture. Go Ruth!!

No comments: