Monday, October 18, 2010

New Beginnings and an Ending....

It is time to close out this blog as I move on with a wonderful life after cancer. So this will be my last post. I just received my 3-1/2 year scan results and there is still no sign of a relapse. Yeah!! Only 1-1/2 more years (three little check-ups) before I say good-bye to my oncologist as well!! Won't it be nice to not have THAT kind of speciailist in the family!?!

This blog was a great outlet for me while I was in treatment. I read back through it occassionally and remember how much it helped me stay connected and supported by so many people. I will leave it up in cyber-world for those who are still looking for information on Hodgkins Lymphoma and going through a stem cell transplant. I remember how great it was to stumble across the success stories in those dark days of information gathering!!

I am headed back to work full-time in one week. It will be a big change for the family, but we are looking forward to the next chapter in our story together. I am excited to use my degree again, Brant is excited to buy new golf clubs, and the kids are ready to be less micro-managed! Ha! Maybe I will even be able to stay up to date better on Facebook!

Thanks again for all of the prayers!! God truly has been good to us.

1 comment:

George said...

Hey Rache - GREAT NEWS. Really good to hear you are giving this blog away - for all the right reasons.

It was so wonderful for me to be able to follow your journey from the other side of the world. Thanks for taking the time to write here - not just for your fellow people challenged by cancer, but also for us - your friends and family.

I was thinking about you all the time and checked with the airlines more than once to make sure I could dash back if needed for support of any kind.

So good to have this blog out of the way - now for your awesome adventure holiday blog !!

See you soon - George A.