Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Here we go again....

I was really hoping that this Blog was permanently retired, but we just got hit by a Mack Truck this week and found out I have Acute Myeloid Leukemia. It is likely a result of the chemo that I underwent to beat Hodgkins. We are still very much in shock and are asking for prayers. I am struggling right now to find that positive outlook that I know is so important. I am struggling to hand this over to God and to be at peace that He will see us through. I am struggling with how to help the kids - they are so awesome. I know Brant has his own challenges he is facing so say some special prayers for him, too. I couldn't ask for a better partner, friend, rock to have by my side. Tomorrow we head to MCV's Cancer Center in Richmond with hopes of getting admitted. The plan is to start Phase 1 of chemo which be about a month hopsital stay. I think once I get there and get settled I will be ready to get at it. I have always responded well to chemo in past treatments and am hopeful this one will be the same. Chris says I am "2 for 2" with cancer, the defending champ, and must keep hold of my title.

4 comments:

Steven Lin said...

Prayers of healing and hope are headed your way. I love that your husband has put this whole deal in a simplistic sports term. It should rev you up.

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel,

We're reading the blog and sending you and Brant love and courage. Right with you cousin. I love seeing all the support you're getting on Facebook.

Craig

Ruth B said...

You're definitely a "3 for 3" kind of person, so stay strong! We love you so much. I hope everything goes smoothly for you at MCV today and that you can get chemo started as soon as possible. Love you, Ruth

Anonymous said...

I'm back in your corner too, knowing you do have the strength to fight once again.
Sue Burton