Monday, April 29, 2013

Strolling Along

Isn't it crazy to think that I was at work last Monday morning???!!  What seven little days can bring.  Wow, if you ever needed a reminder to cherish every moment of what you think is the "the same ol' routine" or the exhaustion of "keeping up with it all" - I am your poster child!!!  What I wouldn't give tonight to walk downstairs and tuck my babies (big ones now!) in bed and then fall asleep next to my husband. But I am also painfully aware that there are so many others just like us who have had their worlds turned upside down in the blink of an eye.  You just gotta keep moving forward.

I am on Day 4 of chemo.  Three more to go.  Still holding up well.  We walked the halls three times and I cranked out another 25 mins on the treadmill.  Still at that blistering 1.5 mph pace.  Never too early to start training for that post treatment survivor race that I will be walking or running (thanks for the inspirational suggestion!)

My highlight today was a visit from a great friend from back home who was kind enough to drive thru Carrollton to deliver Odoodledoos donuts.  Great medicine and the nurses really enjoyed the leftovers!!  They want to know where they can find them in Richmond....sorry.....gotta head east to find 'em.

This hospitalization has been very interesting with the explosion of technology in the last six years.  Then I basically had the blog, email, and phone calls.  Now there is facebook and texting and Skype.  My daughter has got me "snapchatting" with her which is a blast.  People are inviting me to play games on line - note, I am not good!  Next to me I am watching my mom learn to navigate my IPad (painful!!) while I am either on my smartphone or the laptop.  It is very cool to have all of the connections.  I am sure my world will close in very soon and my communication will be less.  But for now technology and you all have really expanded these four walls. So thanks!!

3 comments:

Linda Aufenkamp said...

So glad that you can keep family and friends close--technology can be wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Boy Do Those Donuts Look Good! At Joel's afternoon speech therapy session so checking your Blog Update while his therapist is helping him. Glad you are still doing well with the chemo!

Unknown said...

Whoa...those donuts look amazing! Just a heads up, I plan to order those soccer tickets tonight for Chris, Peter, Matty, and me. Matty was on the team last year and I'm sure Chris knows him from school. I'm so happy you see your family in a couple of days!! I've heard of snapchat, but haven't done it! You are ahead of the learning curve for sure:) Sending healing thoughts today!