Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Clothes & Gadgets

They have hung my 6th bag of Cytarabine.  Only one left to go.  I woke up today feeling some effects.  My platelets had fallen to 8 so I got a transfusion of those little guys.  The Benadryl they gave me to prevent another reaction did not help my attempts to get up and going.  Mom finally nudged me up to breakfast and then I remembered - I have clothes to put on today!!!!  Last night my friend's mom (the personal shopper) stopped by with a batch of shirts that she had modified with velcro to work over my IV lines.  It was quite exciting to be strolling around without a green and blue gown!!

Although it was a slow start to the day, I did come around.  Wearing pink helps.  We had visitors from my mom's church, and it was nice for her to have lunch with a friend.  My sister sent up some organizational gadgets for our room including a shelving unit.  It was a perfect fit and an easy assemble item. My "tooly" personality really enjoyed the afternoon project of putting it together and reorganizing the room.

I am still walking the halls with mom and spending some time on the treadmill with Pandora.  It is a great time to escape into the rhythm and words of music.  God seems to have taken over the DJ role of what comes out of my Pandora box.  Each day I am greeted with songs that I need to hear.  Today I felt a little less rock and tuned into the Christian Contemporary Channel.  The praise songs that played during those 20 minutes really raised my spirits.

I better go eat some of this exciting dinner they have prepared for me......


2 comments:

LP said...

Howdy girl!!!!! I have come to the conclusion that I am lazy. Nothing dripping into my arm to make me feel less than perfect and so therefore I spent a grand total of 0 minutes of the treadmill going at a speed of 0. Yeah, you just kicked my butt into motion. Any excuses I have are lame and more lame. So, tomorrow I WILL exercise at some speed for some time.

I am so thankful for your blog. I love hearing your voice running through my head as I read your words. I have never been so frustrated at not being able to see you though. I so want to jump in the car and run over and see you!

Still awaiting the sale of my house. Such a fun process to clean my house to a sparkling clean everyday. Even the shower is clean ;) Do you know that I still have (and use) one of the pots we had from our apartment? It used to have a piece of masking tape on the handle, and at some point I actually replaced that with a new nut and bolt. I cook with it all the time, even though I have an entire set of calphalon pots. I am certain it is your pot. But I don't think I could ever part with it because I truly think about you each time I use it!!! I don't remember cooking much, but I also don't think I ate out much. I obviously survived somehow.
Hoping you get some good rest tonight. Prayers going up. Love you, Lisa Passyn

Dan said...

Hello Rachel, it has been pretty quite around here without you around and I am having to carry most of the conversation. I was off last friday and did not know you had to take off until tuesday. I wondered why it was so quite. Hope you are feeling better. Sounds like you have the right attitude to get thru all this. My saying is "positive thing happen to positive people" I know it works for me. Hurry up and get better, miss seeing you at lunch. We will keep you in our prayers. Dan the Man.