Sunday, May 5, 2013

Sunday Blessings, Part II

It is amazing to think that we have made it thru a week and tomorrow will start a new work week.  I feel like we have taken out a significant chunk of time in this process and that at least I'm not at the very beginning.  The last few days have been rough as the chemo takes out all your healthy cells that divide rapidly - this would pretty much include everything from one end of your digestive tract to the other....nuff said.

The doctors and nurses have been really great about getting on top of my symptoms.  They have tried several strategies including a morphine pump that I control as needed so I feel much better today.  I still don't have much energy. but I did make it out of the room and walked a 1/2 lap or so and then got pushed for a few more by my sister who is up visiting today.

Mom was able to walk to a neighborhood church again this Sunday for services and then got out to do some laundry while my sister was here.  So she has had her spiritual and emotional threrapy for the day!!

Our son's soccer team wore orange socks (the color for leukemia) at their tournament this weekemd - very cool.  All of the kids sports teams have really rallied around Team Cox.  It has been nice to read their sweet cards, wear wristbands, and see the pics and videos that have been sent.  Thanks Kodiaks, New River United, and Diamonds!  You guys are great cheering squads.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for being so diligent giving updates. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
Jack and Dayna