Saturday, May 25, 2013

Good Bye Gertrude

Today my counts were up again.  WBC = 1.2, Neutr = 0.4, and Platelets up to 59.  I am inching closer to discharge, maybe Monday.  Since all of my meds are taken as pills now, they disconnected my IV pole and I am a free woman!!  It was so nice to get a shower and walk the halls almost like a regular person today.  Gertrude is over in the corner of the room looking a little dejected but I feel no guilt.  I spent plenty of time with her and am ready to move on......

4 comments:

LP said...

Woooooohooooooo!!! Love the good numbers you were producing today. Such great news. Loving the sound of possible discharge around the corner too. Of course it takes most of the day to get discharged which is always so annoying because all you want is OUT! Kind of like a kid at Christmas. The presents are all sitting there, you know it is almost time, but you must wait.....and wait.....and wait.

Expecting you to put up some good numbers in the morning. Hoping for a great night of rest for you. Love you, girl! - Lisa

George said...

Goodbye and good riddance, I say. Gertrude is a girl who's time has passed.

Unknown said...

So happy for you! Hope you could use the nice smelling soap and scrubs! Looking forward to seeing you here!

Unknown said...

So glad to know you will be going home soon. Hallelujah!