Friday, June 20, 2014

It's been a while.......

Sorry to be so long to update the blog, but I have been out of it the the last two weeks.  Unfortunatelty I went down to Duke and they drew blood work but my genetic mutation did not match the clinical trial.  So I came back to clinic one day at VCU,  I think I was admitted on Tuesday June 8th for fevers and and stuff.and they have kept me here for more standard chemo.  I finished a five day course of chemo two days ago, but they cut off the last day  because I was having some neurolological issues. So now is the recovery.

I should be in the hospitial another 2-3 weeks while my counts recover.  When my white counts get high enough they will will do a biopsy to see where the leukemia counts are at.......hopefully none.  That is our prayers. 

 I have hsve had some complications with pneumoia that they were worried would turn into fungal infection, but that is under control with some new meds ands that seems under control.

All in all I am a little more alert these day.  I miss the kids kids but they will be here tomorrow to visit.  It is very boring sitting around each day and I have I have little motivation, but I will try to push myself these next few weeks to be pro-active.

Love you all.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Rachel, for putting your whole heart into getting better. Miracles await. Love you,mother

George said...

Go girl. Walk your path one step at a time.
Love, George A

Anonymous said...

Zero leukemia counts is what all of us hope and pray for. You are an inspiration Rachel. Keep fighting...that miracle will come.
Carol E.

Anonymous said...

Zero leukemia counts are what all of us hope and pray for. You are an inspiration Rachel. Keep fighting...that miracle will come.
Carol E.

Anonymous said...

Zero leukemia counts are what all of us hope and pray for. You are an inspiration Rachel. Keep fighting...that miracle will come.
Carol E.

Anonymous said...

Zero leukemia counts are what all of us hope and pray for. You are an inspiration Rachel. Keep fighting...that miracle will come.
Carol E.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the multiple comments (don't know how that happened). I guess that means I wish you a slew of miracles :-) Carol

Anonymous said...

We think about you every day and your courage and fight. Always hoping the best for you.
Judy D.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got the pneumonia licked. That's a relief. So disappointing about the Duke trial. I keep remembering the old saying about when one door closes another opens . . . Keep looking for that new door. You don't know what or where it is yet, but that doesn't mean it isn't there. Love, your cousin, Linda

Unknown said...

Hi Rachel - we haven't met, but I know your kids! I'm Andrew, Chris and Katie's student pastor at PHCC. They are awesome kids, you're clearly a wonderful mother and example for them. We've been praying for you - praying for strength, grace, and most of all, a miracle from the hand of God! Keep fighting and looking up. Love in Christ, Andrew

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel, praying for your miracle daily and thinking of you and the family. You are amazing, courageous and strong! Love, Cousin Kim

Anonymous said...

Keep strong, and I will keep praying.

Anonymous said...

Rachel, we continue to pray for you and admire you for giving it a good old Hokie try. Thanks for the update and we're looking for that new window for you.

Jan and Dean

Anonymous said...

Praying for you, Brant and the kids! Love, Nancy J.

Anonymous said...

Rachel---You are so loved and such a special person to all of us. I continue to pray for continued strength and better health. I wish we could go back to those silly days at Grandma Casey's and stop this cancer from ever getting to you..... Love you, Susie.

Anonymous said...

You continue to be in my prayers Rachel!

Sara Mendelson said...

Rachel, I continue to pray for you and your family. You and they are on my mind, and Judd's. Thank you for sharing your story.

Sara Mendelson

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and sending up prayers. I love you, girl. - Lisa Passyn

Anonymous said...

We all love you too, beautiful, pro-active girl like you wouldn't believe, amazing, a m a z i n g, a m a z i n g girl. Thank you for that sweet beautiful smile you shot at us at the hospital yesterday. That was the best. You rock this world. So there it is, you, still making me, feel better, then when I walked into the room. I'll add it to the thousands of times you do that. Holy spirit surround our Rachel. Fill her. Amen.

Cathy Bowman said...

Hi Rachel,

All of us here at the Salem District VDOT are keeping you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. This hardly seems fair after all you've gone through. You have personally inspired me as one of the few female P.E.'s I've met and I appreciate you greatly for that :)