Monday, July 7, 2014

WIth Heavy Heart


Dear family and friends,
After her long battle with cancer, Rachel passed away in her sleep tonight.  She was at peace with family by her side.  There's no pain where she is now.
Rachel was a beautiful soul and she lived a wonderful life.  Always with a smile, she inspired many people in many different ways.  She was a devoted wife and mother, driven by her love of family and her faith in God.  She was an amazing woman and strived to make a difference in everything she did.  My kids and I will struggle to find our way without her... I hope you will please say a few extra prayers for Chris and Katie as we face that struggle. 
Throughout her treatment, Rachel and I were overwhelmed by the level of compassion and support we received.  She was ever grateful for your prayers and well wishes and she garnered strength from your words of encouragement.  We were (and continue to be) blessed to be surrounded by such caring friends and family and I hope you will accept my heartfelt gratitude for all you have done.  Rachel's family, the kids, and I thank you for your empathy and kindheartedness. 
God Bless,
Brant


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

May the love that Rachel had for each of you bring a smile to your face and a fresh appreciation of life each and every day. Thank you, Brant, Chris and Katie for bringing so much joy into her all too brief life.
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing Rachel with us through this blog. Her courage and faith inspired us. May God bless you.

Anonymous said...

Wow, words are hard to come by. Don't know if you remember us or not; Eleanor was on the WB All Star baseball team with Katie back in 2010(?) before we moved away... Please accept our heartfelt sympathy for your family's loss.

Ian, Cate, Eleanor and Nathaniel Pollitt
St Johns, FL

Rebecca Lear said...

Please accept our heartfelt sympathies. We remember Rachel as a bright, funny, captivating friend. She has been and will continue to be missed.

Her friends at the City of Virginia Beach/Public Works Engineering

Anonymous said...

Dear Brant, Katie and Christopher, Please know our thoughts and prayers continue to be with you. Rachel had the best care possible. You were her tower of strength. Sincerely, Cheryl and Richard Harding.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your family's loss. I had the honor of working for Rachel in the City of Virginia Beach's Public Works Engineering Dept. She was kind and generous to me and my children when others were passing judgment. I will never forget what she did, nor her. She was a beautiful person and now a beautiful spirit. My thoughts and prayers are with all of Rachel's family friends. I feel blessed just having known her for the brief time that I did.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Brant, Chris, Katie, Lois, George, George, John, and Ruth Ann...I am so, so sorry for the loss of precious Rachel. Even though we didn't know each other for very long, I sure did bond with her (and you, sweet Lois). Her beauty, courage, and strength for the love of her family and faith showed on the inside and out. I am so honored to have known her and wished I had gotten to know her even more. I do hope you all find comfort in knowing she is in the arms of God and you all are too. You will now have a constant angel watching over you. Please let the children know that Rachel will always be with them wherever they go. Lois, please know that is was such a blessing to get to see her and you and Brant about 3 weeks ago; and a grace and gift to have prayed with the both of you! Please know we had every intention of coming up last week, but no one has called Bobby for any of his results of his tests. I will most definitely keep in touch with you all as much as possible. Brant, you are a good soul! I am at a loss for words. I cannot express how heart broken I am for all of you! My love and hugs to you all! God bless you and keep you all in his comfort! Pam Poole

Anonymous said...

I've only known Rachel for about a year, as she and I had our transplants about the same time. She inspired me to be hopeful no matter what. She was strong and always had a good word to say. She always talked about her family with the greatest love. I feel so very blessed to have met her, and to now known she is at peace. God bless her family and know your precious angel is with you always.
Carol E.