Friday, January 17, 2014

TGIF

It has been a long week in Richmond going to clinic each day for my Vidasa chemo treatments. But mom and I have held up well and are looking forward to the weekend. I am typing this from the hospital room since I just had my DLI dose (Booster cells from George). They admit you into the hospital to do the procedure but you don't stay overnight. Right now I am waiting on a bag of platelets and then hopefully mom & I will be headed home for the weekend. :) :)

Next up, it is three weeks of recovery from the chemo followed by a bone marrow biopsy to see if we are making any progress. I am praying that this treatment will show some improvements and we can continue on this course for a while. Since that was my last bag of cells, it looks like George will be headed over again in February to donate some more "goods". My counts have showed some positive trends in the last two weeks. Nothing earth shattering, but my platelets and blood are lasting longer between transfusions and my white count is trying to creep out of the cellar. Hopefully this trend will continue.

Not much else new here. Thanks again for all the support.

4 comments:

kandi said...

Be a good girl at home this weekend , lots of rest and pampering ! I am down the street and available anytime. love ya, kandi

Anonymous said...

Any excuse to see your brother!!! That's a lot different than when we were kids. Stay warm.....I am continuing to pray for your health.

Love you, Susie

Unknown said...

God be with you! Jim Wright

Anonymous said...

You have prayer support. I believe you are getting better every day!