Monday, June 25, 2007

Day +60 Speed Bumps

I had my check-up today and all of my bloodwork is back into the normal range. My WBCs are at 5.0 and my platelets are up to 161,000. Hurray for my bone marrow and the successful graft of those little stem cells.

Unfortunately I am fighting some sort of stomach/intestinal thing right now. I started to have random bouts of nausea starting about a week and a half ago. I lost my appetite but was managing. Then around last Friday the nausea was a lot more constant and I started throwing up. By today I will politely describe it as basically a dysfunctional intestinal tract from one end to the other. I've dropped almost 10 lbs and feel very miserable and washed out. If it doesn't clear up in a day or two I will head back to the doctor to rule out an infection.

My other little annoyance is that my finger nails have started to come off in a weird sort of way from the base up. It doesn't hurt, but it is aggravating. Then I remind myself this is a lot better than where I was 60 days ago on the transplant floor.

George and his family headed back to Australia last week and John and his clan will be leaving the end of this week. It will be quiet around town without our gang roaming the streets, shops, and beaches. Meal planning won't be nearly as fun as when you are trying to figure out how to feed 12 or more people!

No comments: