Friday, June 1, 2007

Home Safely from New York

We are thankful for a safe trip to New York and back home. It was a lot of driving to do in just 36 hours, but I reminded myself that going back was a small price to pay for getting to come home early!! Plus, it was neat to pick up my brother and his family and bring them back to town.

My check-up went well. The Neulasta shot has certainly worn off since my white blood cell count fell back down to 2.5. This is a little low, but not an unusual level for this point after the transplant. Hopefully by the 3 month mark my white cells will have climbed back up to over 4.0. My platelets are up to 117,000 which is good.

Dr. Moskowitz is ok with some selective dining out after 6 weeks....so long as it is a clean place and I order cooked food. I'm already at 5 weeks so I can eat out in another week!! Other than that I'm just supposed to keep taking it easy and keep getting better. I will go back to New York in August - 3 months after the transplant - and have scans to make sure I am still in remission.

Back at home I will be having fun the next few weeks spending time with the whole family and watching the kids get to know their Australian cousins. I'll try to update the blog in a week or so.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel-
Wow!!! Things are moving along so nicely. Isn't it funny the foods we crave. Eating out vs. Home cooking. I am so thrilled about your progress. Maybe your next trip to New York will include shopping and dining.

Take care and we are all praying for you daily!!

Love, Susie, Ron, Jackson, Alex and Katie!

p.s. We would love to see some photos with your brothers and sister!

Anonymous said...

Hello again from Italy Rachel. Just wanted to let you know that I am continuing to check in on your progress. Sounds great. Take care.
Bob B.

Anonymous said...

Rachel,

I am so glad to continue to read good news on your blog. You are so positive and grateful - and an inspiration to the rest of us.

Enjoy some lazy days by the pool - you more than deserve them. And enjoy your family reunion.

Much love and prayers, Mallory