Sunday, May 27, 2007

Day +30

Wow! Yesterday was 30 days since my stem cell transplant, and it has been about 2 months since my cancer-free scans! Yeah! It is hard to believe that time has passed so quickly when just a little bit ago I watched the clock move so slowly, anxiously awaiting each day to end and bring me closer to going home. Now that I am home, the days are flying by!

I am doing very well health-wise. I am feeling much stronger and doing more stuff, but I still take lots of "rests" since I tire out easily. The kids are swimming in the pool, and so I am spending lots of time sitting outside with them. The sunny weather has been wonderful!

My check-up in New York is Thursday and I am planning to drive up with my dad. We hope to pick up my oldest brother and his family who are arriving at JFK on Wednesday and all drive back to Virginia together. Both of my brothers from Australia are coming in town for a family reunion. My other brother should be arriving at the airport as I type this and be picked up by my sister and dad. We haven't been all together (us four kids plus my parents) since '88 so this is quite exciting. We had actually planned this reunion for April in Australia. But that trip was cancelled due to my health and so my brothers and their families decided to come this way instead! I have two nieces and a nephew that I have never met and am so excited to spend some time together over the next three weeks.

Well I am off to get some rest. It is nice being able to fall asleep again with no medications needed. I am almost feeling normal......well, minus a little hair.......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachel,

It's so good to hear that you're feeling stronger and that you're busy at home.

I wish I could stop by and say hello to John and George. I'm sure you all will have a blast catching up.

Love,

Craig

Anonymous said...

Rachel:
It is wonderful to read of your good news and time at home. Kids, pools, family---better than what the doctor ordered. Lots of people are interested. Be healthy. Remain faithful.

Jim Oliver