Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I'm Going Home!!!!

It wasn't his first choice, but I convinced Dr. Moskowitz to let me go home and come back for a check-up on the 31st. He is really reasonable and I think he could tell how much I wanted to be home, plus he knows I will have Dr. McGaughey available if there are any problems.

My bloodwork was good. My white blood cell count was a little low at 2.0 (normal range is above 4.0), but my system is still building after the transplant. He gave me a shot of Neulasta which will help boost my counts for the next few weeks. My platelets were just shy of 100,000, so they are getting close to the normal range of above 140,000. And my potassium was back to normal so I can stop taking that horrible horse pill twice a day!!!!

Since he doesn't want any planes yet, mom and I are getting on a train at 3:00am (yikes!) and should be home around noon tomorrow. She made it back in town just to turn around and leave!! We had made plane reservations for Brant and mom a long time ago and had no idea this is how the schedule would fall. I am just so excited and grateful that it worked out that I could leave. I promised to be really good while at home over the next two weeks since I am still very much at risk.

Thank you for your continued prayers and support, it really helps having all of you with me in this!!

4 comments:

George said...

Rachel - fantastic news!! Katie & Chris must be so excited. You take care of yourself and listen to Mom. Wishing you a super speedy recovery.

George A.

Anonymous said...

Yippee-i-ay! Enjoy every minute of that train ride and think about being home in time for lunch.

Lots love
xxx

Anonymous said...

Say hi to da kids from peanut butter.

Stacy J said...

Hooray, Rachel's coming home!

I know you're so happy to break camp. The little ones can't wait to see their Mommy! Please enjoy your time back in the 'Peake! Welcome home to Western Branch.

Love, Stacy