Monday, May 7, 2007

Day +11 Made it thru to the other side

There is still a ways to go, but my white count was 1.0 (1000) this morning and my neutraphils were at 0.7 (700). When the neutraphils hit 1000, which may be this evening, I can take walks outside my room in the hallway again Yeah!!

Other big news is that my platelets went from 15,000 last night to 53,000 this morning. I guess that bag of HLA matched platelets rocked! I am also hoping it means my body is close to supporting my own platelet production.

I can already feel things healing, like inside my mouth and the raw skin around my bandage site. I ate some cream of wheat for breakfast and it stayed down ok. If my counts continue to rise tomorrow, I will be taken off of most of my antibiotics and antifungal drugs and then monitored to make sure I don't spike a fever. Once I can drink enough fluids, I will be discharged - most likely by Mother's Day, but maybe as early as Friday.

Mom is off doing a little laundry and then getting packed up to leave in the morning. I can't wait to see Brant. Well, the Demerol I get before my dreaded antifungal treatment is kicking in, so I am off to sleep!

5 comments:

George said...

Hi Rachel -

Great to hear that your numbers are coming up and that you are feeling better. We're thinking about you all the time.

We've started a little pile of - "must take to the States with us". for the trip in 18 more sleeps. Do you have any special requests from the Land Down Under? Are Katie or Chris into anything Australian?

Love,
George

Anonymous said...

Rachel,

So glad to hear that the trend is an upward one. I knew that you would be quick to show them how it is done. I bet a walk in the hallway never seemed like so much fun as when you can't do it. I hoped you strolled through that doorway last night. I know that Brant can't wait to get there to see you.

So much sympathy is being sent your way after losing Augie-doggie. What a sweetie! But you did the right thing. Just like Tucker was, I know that he had been a family member for you. Time will heal and the doggie hair tumbleweeds won't be missed, by it will amaze you how often you will forget and be looking for that wet nosed greeting at the door when you come in. Just treasure the memories and know that he is romping up in Doggie Heaven (Rainbow Land as our neighbor called it when Sally, the mut, died) lying on any couch that he wants, eating all the doggie junk food he wants while finally healthy again, and missing you terribly as well.

We miss you and continue to pray for you all the time. I can't wait to see you when you get home. We are hoping to be your neighbors, so I will have to fill you in on all the gory details.

Lots of Love,
The Cunninghams

John Brisbin said...

Hey there hero...well done with all the counts and hanging in there til your magnificent knight relieves the marvelous mom for a spell.

We're thinking of you all the time and knowing that you're making the progress you need to make.

Many hugs from a long way afar...but not for too much longer!

xoxoxox

Stacy J said...

Hello!

Sjp24245132 has sent you a Hallmark E-Card.

or copy and paste the following link into your browser:

http://www.hallmark.com/ECardWeb/ECV.jsp?a=0584862421053M197534941Y&product_id=

Anonymous said...

Let us be the first to wish you both a Happy Happy Mother's day and grand reunion together. Just so glad you doing better!!! Thanks and Praise to God!