Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

I hope all the mothers out there had a great day. Of course I am not too excited about my first Mother's Day away from the kids, but it is nice to have Brant here with me. He has been taking great care of me fixing all the meals and doing dishes, too!!

We had planned a gondola ride on the lake in Central Park, but our reservations were for 7:30pm and it was pretty cool here today, so we decided that wasn't the healthiest plan. So instead we went on a bicycle taxi ride thru Central Park this afternoon. The weather was beautiful and our driver/tour guide was a lot of fun. I think it was better than the boat ride because we saw so much more of Central Park than I could ever walk to and we learned a lot of neat stuff about the place.

We posed in front of the fountain that is used in the opening of "Friends"......well, the fountain they filmed is a replica located out in LA, but you get the idea......

We had a gorgeous view of the lake and skyline behind it. And we saw the Angel fountain that was sculpted by a woman in the 1800's, the first woman to be awarded a major Park's commission in NYC. The fountain is located in the exact center of the island of Manhattan and was built to celebrate the establishment of clean drinking water, which had previously caused much disease.















We also sat out by the Conservatory water and watched the remote control sailboats race across the lake. It was a very nice day.

As for me, I am getting better each day. My appetite is returning (shock....) although I still have limited taste. Our walks get a little longer each day. I am managing to get my pills all down - yuk! Not much else to report. Just taking it easy waiting for my doctor's visit on Tuesday. I'll post after I have results from that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had an enjoyable Mother's Day in Central but the best news is to hear how well you are progressing! You remain in my thoughts and prayers.