Monday, July 29, 2013

Hanging in there

I finished up my fourth and final day of chemo this morning and then had my second dose of ATG and later my first dose of cylcosporin.  These last two drugs are immunosuppressants.  For the ATG I get Benadryl and steroids around the clock to avoid reactions.  My last ATG dose is tomorrow and I am hoping things will feel a little better once I get the chemo and other meds out of my system.  I am pretty doped up most of the day and am struggling with spiking fevers and feeling nauseous at night.  They just did cultures to make sure an infection isn't growing.

George has completed three rounds of shots.  He should have his stem cells collected on the apheresis machine tomorrow.  I am still on schedule to receive the cells the next day Wednesday, July 31st.  He says it isn't too bad, but his bones are achy from the meds.  Of course, that makes the lab folks happy because it means the drugs are working.

Well I better get off to bed.  It is likely to be a long one with chills and sweats.  Not to mention the manifold of tubing that is draped across the bed that will be fun to juggle with throughout the night.

1 comment:

Stephanie Cunningham said...

Praying for you and George as you continue on this journey. Love you!