Saturday, February 15, 2014

George is Here!!!

I guess this is a little late news since he arrived last Tuesday night.  It was a little dicey for him getting across the US ahead of the big snowstorm.  His connection thru Atlanta was cancelled but he was re-routed thru Detroit and stayed on schedule.  He made it up to Richmond on Wednesday to get his pre-testing done and drove back with Dad just as the snow was starting here in Hampton Roads.  He quickly made a snowman before it melted to Skype to his kids.  They are a little jealous - not much snow in Australia.

Mom & I finished up the week in Richmond without much trouble.  I had a few days that I felt kind of wiped out but most days I felt pretty good and even used the treadmill at the Hospitality House.  We were both really happy to get home Thursday afternoon, especially since the weather in Richmond was snowy.  Is it just me or all we all ready for winter to be over!?!?!

It was nice to be home for Valentine's Day.  We had a great family dinner and then realized we no longer can agree on a family movie to watch together......sigh...the problems of kids growing up!  Today we had a family meal over at Mom & Dad's to visit with them and George and Ruth.  You can see my hair is coming in quite a bit.  Dr. Chung teased that more of George's stem cells landed in my hair follicles than my bone marrow.....

My blood counts continued to do really well over the last week but I have a feeling they are dropping now with the effects of the Vidaza.  I will be headed up to Richmond on Monday for labs and George will do his T-cell collection.  Because my bone marrow is so empty they have decided to try to collect some more stem cells at the same time.  That means George has to get shots again, two a day from Friday thru Sunday......  He is not real happy about that but is such a trooper.  Mom gets to give them to him so he doesn't have to drive to Richmond each day.  He thinks she has a bit of a grin when she jabs him, but I doubt it.

We are hoping for some good news next week from the doctors and for another three weeks of me being able to be at home with only day trips to Richmond. We have had so many good days lately and we are so thankful. You never know what tomorrow is going to bring, but we pray for lots more days like these.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praise God for the Brisbin siblings. Go Team Cox!
Love, mother