Saturday, February 1, 2014

Just a Quick Update

I have enjoyed a second full week at home (with trips to Richmond of course).  Last  Monday, after my clinic visit, Mom & I officially moved out of the Hospitality House.  We have been in that room since August. But since I am spending more nights at home now, and very few in Richmond, it didn't make sense to keep the room.  I can't believe how much stuff we had packed in there!

We got about 10-11 inches of snow here in Chesapeake Tuesday night and woke up to a winter wonderland Wednesday.  Fortunately we have a 4 wheel drive vehicle and haven't had any problems getting around.  VDOT did an awesome job of keeping the main interstates cleared and I was happy to hear that equipment and people came in to help from my District up in Salem.  The kids have not been to school in almost a week.  I think this coming Monday will be a brutal wake-up.  My brother George is really hoping that all this winter stuff will move out before he arrives.  I am sure it will be hard to leave his warm beaches and family Down Under to get a brutal blast of cold in Hampton Roads.

My energy level has continued to be good.  I have a day or two that I don't feel as good, and then the next day I feel fine - no rhyme or reason.  I just try to roll with whatever the day brings me.  My counts have dropped pretty low this last week after having a rebound in early January.  It is the normal cycle from the chemo. I am certainly only staying at home or going to clinic.  No crowds for me.

Next up is a biopsy on Monday (but I won't get results for a week or two) and then Mom and I will check back in to the HH next Friday for my fifth round of Vidaza chemo (seven days). I am anxious to hear how the treatments are going.  This will be the first update on my progress since November.  Prayers and good thoughts are certainly needed the next few weeks. 

5 comments:

John Brisbin said...

Hey Rachel, what a fantastic report! Keep that instinct for joy and gratitude running strong grrl...you will be swept along on the tide of a million heartfelt prayers.
xoxox

George said...

I'm going to have to fire my agent - he left out the comfort clauses on my donor contract and completely missed the acceptable climate conditions for my participation. Just unbelievable!

Looking forward to seeing you all.
Love,
George A.

Unknown said...

Thinking & Prayibg! Jim Wright

Anonymous said...

The power of a positive attitude . . . and prayer! Keep looking up!

Anonymous said...

Great news!! Thanking our Lord, The Most High God!! Sue & Ron