Monday, October 14, 2013

One More Day of Chemo...then Waiting

Tomorrow is my last day of Vidaza chemo.  It hasn't been too bad, but chemo is chemo and my platelet counts have stayed low.  We are hoping that during the next three week recovery period we will see those counts go back up.  I have had some long days in the clinic getting repletions of whatever happens to be low - mostly platelets and potassium, but there has been a bag of blood and some fluids and magnesium in there too.  Again - thank you to all the blood donors out there!!!

I have had some great caregiving the last week.  Ruth was up here a few days last week while mom went home for a little break.  Then Brant and the kids came up for the weekend.  We stayed in a hotel to have a little space.  It was wonderful to have a family meal together, watch movies, and just hang out in general.  If only we could move the Massey Cancer Center to Norfolk!  The kids and Brant are being so strong to go thru this separation. It really isn't easy but I know God is with them.  And we certainly cherish our time together more than ever.

There isn't too much else to report.  I will be getting a biopsy on Oct 28th to see if the chemo is having any impact.  Please pray hard for medicine and miracles to happen.  We really won't know much until the first or second week in November. My job is to stay positive and fight, fight, fight!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

God cares for the little sparrows and I know he cares for you and your beautiful family..
Mother

Kirsten Tynch said...

You know you are constantly in our thoughts and prayers. Remember the quote that hung in my office by Mother Theresa? “I know God won't give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much.” You are one of the strongest people I know, and you will persevere!

Stay positive and let me know what we can do to help you, Brant and/or the kids.

Kirsten

Unknown said...

You stay strong and keep up the good fight of persevering. Please know that we are constantly praying for you and your family. And I absolutely love what your friend Kirsten posted above, by Mother Theresa. Sometimes it seems easier said than done, though. What has kept Bobby, Kelly and I going is his daily motto of "Be Not Afraid" and "Trust in God". You are one tough lady and I can tell you are surrounded by one very loving and devoted family who is supporting you and seeing you through this 1,000%! You hang in there and NEVER give up. Wish we lived closer...but know that we are there with you in spirit and we support you all of the way! God bless you and much love...Pam