Thursday, October 31, 2013

Trick or Treat

Hope everyone had a nice Halloween.  I guess parts of the country had pretty bad weather and some bummed-out little ones.  Mom & I had our holiday fun by making this "Monster Fruit Salad" to take into the clinic for our wonderful nurses and other staff.  Don't you just love the internet?  You can find all sorts of neat ideas.

Clinic went pretty well today.  My platelets dropped from 28 to 18.  That was kind of disappointing, but at least they weren't less than 5.  I got a transfusion of platelets that only bumped me up to 21.  I think they are starting to work on finding me matched platelets again.  My hemoglobin held at 10.1 which is pretty high for me, but my white blood cell count is still low and didn't show any signs of coming up.  I go back again tomorrow and I really hope they will "plump me up" and send me home for the weekend.

Mom and I enjoyed the day off yesterday.  I slept in and took a nap.  Yes, it was pretty industrious of me.  We did take our afternoon walk around the Coliseum and we were able to go again today before any rain moved into the area.  It would be nice to have a higher energy level, but I guess I need to quit complaining about it.  My body has been beat up and needs rest.

No news from the biopsy.  I will probably schedule an appointment with the doctor for early next week when we can discuss results and hopefully Brant can be here with me. I am supposed to start my second cycle of Vidasa chemo next week, but I don't know how they can do that if my counts are still low.  It would be nice to have another week to recover.

That's it for today...I need to go check out the Brain HQ website my brother has given me a subscription to...and is bugging me to get logged on.  Doesn't he know I am "really" busy with my naps and all????

2 comments:

George said...

No rest for the industrious! That watermelon head looks fantastic. Were you allowed to eat fruit from your own Halloween display? :-P

Sad to hear that the counts aren't moving in the right direction for you yet. I'm sure you will get them headed in the right direction soon.

I was thinking about your latest biopsy. You know that mining is a big industry here in Australia. You could apply and say that you are now an expert on drilling.... ;-)

Love you heaps and hope you have a wonderful day.

xoxoxo,
George A

Unknown said...

I'm thinking & praying for you! Father, I lift Rachel up to You! Give strength and prompt her cell counts to head in the right direction. And send the Comforter to minister to Rachel & Family. In Jesus' matchless name! Amen Jim Wight