Saturday, June 15, 2013

Chemo Blues....

I am glad we had our big outdoor adventure on Thursday because I got hit with major fatigue yesterday after completing Dose 3 & 4 of chemo.  I also started with the rash again....no fun.  They now think I am reacting to the chemo and not a medication. I am taking some anti-inflammatory meds and they have helped.  Hopefully it won't flare back up too bad after Dose 5&6 of chemo.

I have spent most of yesterday and today napping about an hour for every 2-3 hours that I am awake.  We did go outside again today for a little sunshine before starting my chemo.  It was a quick trip just to the bench outside the door and to eat a Chick-fil-a sandwich for lunch.  The sunshine was wonderful.  One of my nurses is getting married today and I am so happy she has nice weather for the big event.

I just finished Dose #5 of chemo and will get my last one at 2am in the morning.  Then I should be discharged tomorrow (Sunday) even though I originally was told I wouldn't be out until Monday.  I'm not complaining....lol!!  Today has been very slow and I feel like the day will never end....

1 comment:

George said...

Hey Rachel, Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well today. We had gorgeous weather here too. I went out for an early run and came across a beach wedding going on at 7:30 in the morning. It was brisk and windy but so beautiful against the backdrop of the Pacific with big swell coming in. The light was amazing.

Anyway, just a bit of distraction for you. It was good chatting on the phone as well.

Cheers, George, Div, Cy & Lara