Saturday, April 21, 2007

Day -4 A little bit better

I am over halfway thru my two big chemos of the CBV cocktail I am on. The "B" chemo is a one day dose given by itself on the last day...so I am just ignoring that for now. After my rough day yesterday, they slowed down the infusion of one of the drugs and it made a big difference. Plus they got my electrolytes and fluids back to normal and I think that helped. I was in better spirits today, but it is still hard to make the time pass when it is dificult to focus on anything like reading or TV or stuff you would normally do if you were given say.....18 hours a day to yourself. We do walk the halls about four times a day, and I did a little more scrapbooking.

I have read in short spurts today and came across this passage today in Psalms that made me smile: Ps. 50:15 - "Trust me in your times of trouble, and I will rescue you, and you will give me glory". There is always a plan.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning,

You two are quite a remarkable team during this most difficult time. We are all focused on your ordeal and pray for an expedited recovery. Punkin, you are definitely a mighty oak when it comes to strength for yourself and to others. My, how lucky Rachel is to be a recipient. Rachel, I am truly amazed and in awe of your ability to produce these wonderfully informative blogs for all of us, not to mention scrapbooking, during this time. You, too, are remarkable. We all love you.

Uncle Tinker, Aunt Dotes, Cousin Robyn and second cousin Casey (Plus the Boucher Bunch)

John Brisbin said...

Hang in there tough one...you were made to bend like finely tempered steel under these stresses and still whip back to full strength. Conquering tiny moments on the clock face is the same as conquering a month on the calendar...you're doing great and you have a whole constellation of loved ones watching over you and sending you strong, healing thoughts.

much love.

Anonymous said...

Good morning, I am posting this at the end of the Sunday. Church was a buzz with the Backsburg events. But the many,many friends you have at Calvary wanted to know how you are doing. I cannot go down the hall without having to stop a dozen times to tell them about how you are doing. Your blog address is on the table by the front door and the are picked up all the time. May prayers go up for you each day. Love dad