Friday, April 20, 2007

Day -5 .... A little bit rough

I think I can say this has been one of the slowest, longest days that I can remember. My chemo consists of a huge bag of Etoposide that drips in for a 24 hour period. It started last night and is about to finish up. Then I have three more days of these bags. Also, I get a little bag of Cytoxan every twelve hours for four days (eight bags) and am about to start bag three. It has hit me a little harder and faster than I expected and I find myself wondering how I will make it to next week. It is definitely a mental struggle of "how will I get thru this??" When it was only three days of chemo it was a little easier to push thru.

I have mostly layed around as the minutes tick by. We watched a movie together (well, I dozed thru it), read a little, and have walked the "loop" a few times. I even pulled out my pictures and did one page in my album. Focusing on anything for very long is tough. All of the extra fluids are bloating me up and so they did give me some lasix to help flush it out. Me and the little potty are quite good friends. The nausea is manageable, but I have stopped eating much of anything after getting sick once earlier today.

Well, this has been a pretty boring post, but thought you all might want to know I am ok. My maternal cheerleader is doing great and reminds me this won't last forever!!

1 comment:

Stacy J said...

Rachel,
Hang in there, girlie. You've got a lot of folks routing for you and cheering you on! I thought I would check the blog here at home and I'm glad that I did. I want to keep myself updated. Your mom is SO sweet and is such a great support system. Well, you girls enjoy your pajama party up there in New York. The pizza, soda and ice cream are just replaced with some neat little bags of medicine. You're falling asleep watching movies, huh? ...just like the good old sleepover days. Take care, ladies. I'll be in touch.

Love, Stacy in Chesapeake (Go Western Branch!)