Wednesday, April 4, 2007

More Stem Cells....

For those of you counting back at home......I collected another 800,000 yesterday and 1.2 million today, for a running total of 2.7 million cells!! I realize I will be here collecting thru Friday and still probably won't hit the 6.0 million target, but my hope is that I will produce enough cells that they let me go home for a week and then proceed to the transplant step. The other good news is that my platelets are up into the 40,000 range now and I have not had any transfusions since Sunday.

Not much else to report otherwise. We spend a big chunk of each day in the donor room where we are greeted like staff members since we have been there so much. Just like everywhere else in the hospital, the donor room doctor, nurses, and other staff are great to be around - friendly, attentive, and very efficient. Mom has been out on a few "outings" while I have been on the collection machine. She really enjoys getting around on those buses and people watching!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO!!!!!

Maybe you should start a tote board.

April 1 - no stem cells (Bad April Fools joke) :(

April 2 - 700,000

April 3 - 800,000

April 4 - 1,200,000

Total to date - 2,700,000

Help us reach our goal of 6 million. Call your operators. Don't let the children go hungry.
(Oh, wait. That's another tote board.) :)

Maybe Richard could graph it with his slide rule!! ;p

Seriously, congrats!!! Great news!!

Meg

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!! Thanks God!!!!!
Cyndi