Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Fun on R&R

Just wanted to check in and let you all know that I am enjoying my time at home. The kids are on Spring Break and Brant took the week off so we are having a great time together. I am still getting lots of rest (hitting the couch every few hours or so!) and Brant has been doing all of the Spring yard work. It really makes me tired to watch him :) We've been to the movies and library, but mostly we are just hanging out around the house which is sooooo nice!!

We had a wonderful Easter together. It was a real blessing to be home for the holiday and be able to go to churh together. We certainly had a lot of blessings to celebrate. Here is a rare picture of the four of us together.

I will head back to NY with mom next Thursday the 19th. I will see the doctor that morning and hopefully be admitted that afternoon to start chemo. It is hard not thinking about going thru 5 days of chemo, but I have a whole week left at home to enjoy first. This trip to NY will probably be at least five weeks long. Brant is planning to spend one of the weeks up there with me this time around. I will be in the hospital almost the whole time, which won't be as nice as the apartment I'm sure. I'll have nurses instead of doormen!

Thanks for all of the love and support we have received. I was greeted home with cards and care packages that were all so nice. And Brant really appreciated the meals that were dropped off while I was gone. This has all meant so much to our family!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel - I see a green theme to your Easter! I forget that you guys are heading into spring, while we are squeezing in our last few swims in the ocean before the fall currents arrive :-)

It's great that Brant is going to be able to spend some time with you in NY when you are up there for your next treatment round. Another thing to look forward to and keep your spirits up with will be the arrival (on mass!) of the Aussie contingent. I have booked the flights today and George, Cy and Lara will arrive in VA on Sunday the 27th May...yippee! I'll be there a week later - we can't wait. Hang in there girl, and enjoy being surrounded by all that love.

Div
xxx

Anonymous said...

You are my champion. Love you