Monday, March 12, 2007

Back On Track

Just a quick note to say I have been admitted (got back on the transplant floor). It took a while this morning waiting around, but my IV is flowing with fluids and chemo should be along shortly. No word as to whether I will get my catheter today, I may have to wait until tomorrow if radiology is backed up.

This morning mom checked us out of the Helmsley Medical Tower (a guest facility for people in town for medical care), and moved our stuff a few blocks away to a little apt that belongs to the cousin of a friend of mine from back home. I can't believe how fortunate we are to have something like this work out....what are the odds? We are so very grateful for this housing opportunity, it will make my recovery after chemo so much easier by having a nice place for mom and I to stay. I wish I were done and we were there now!! :)

The delay in treatment was frustrating, but we had a nice weekend. We ate at a few restaurants (had to make sure they weren't crowded and looked clean enough to meet with mom's approval). We also had a cup of coffee and people watched in Central Park, the weather was great. We saw every variety of dog and dog sweater imaginable. There were also lots of kids around which made me a little blue. But I talked with Brant and the kids last night and they sounded great - Dad has been keeping them busy having fun and I don't think they are missing me too badly. That is a relief.

Well, I better go and get ready for chemo. Hopefully we'll get this show on the road and I will be outta here before you know it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachel, I enjoy following your progress and your positive comments. You continue to amaze and inspire me - and I need all the help I can get! Al's wife is waiting to see which medical center selected her for her residency and both she and Al are both apprehensive and excited at the same time. Still no applications for Al's job so his coment about being irreplacable may be true. My prayers for you and your family continue.

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel:
I have been trying to send a response to you but unfortunatley all of the blog instructions come up in Italian here in Naples Italy (grazie Telecom Italia). Your Dad gave me your blog address so I can keep up with how you are doing.

Sounds like you are maintaining your usual positive attitude and are ready to rock and roll. I'm a big believer in the power of positive thinking in health matters. You get a big head start in my opinion.

Hang in there. Sorry your visit to one of my favorite places (NY) isn't under better circumstances.

Ciao
Bob B

Bob Sciacchitano said...

Hi Rachel!

This is a first for me..never been on a blog. (Does that make any sense?)

It's good to follow your progress. We miss you at the committee meetings.

How's my hometown? You know when you come home, you WILL be a Yankee Fan. Don't worry, you will look great in pinstripes!

Take care! See you sson!

Bob Sciacchitano

Anonymous said...

Now dats what I'm talking about! Lets get this ball rollin baby!
Ta da dum Ta da dum ta da dum dum dum,
Ta da dum Ta da dum ta da dum dum dum,
Ta da dum Ta da dum ta da dum dum dum, Ta da duuuuuummmm, Ta da dum dum dum! Get er done Rachel and get yer butt back!
Luv yer Cousin Cyndi Lou Brisbin Hayes Bigley....peanut butter.