Monday, March 5, 2007

Test Reports

Ok...been a while since I posted, but it was an uneventful week holed up in the house trying to avoid germs. I wasn't in a vehicle for six straight days!!!! Very strange....... Thurs thru Sat were pretty "blah" days after feeling so great last Wed. I guess my blood counts dropped as predicted and it leaves you feeling washed out. I just spent my time laying around giving the couch an extra workout. And the new wireless connection in the house is pretty handy! I also had some difficulty sleeping which was aggravating. But on the bright side, we had a constant wave of yummy food flowing into the house, and I still have an appetite. (yes, it takes more than chemo to kill that apparently!). I really enjoyed visiting with some friends on Sat and Sunday. Regan brought by two giant cards from work that were so awesome. Thanks guys!!

On Sunday I woke up feeling MUCH better, and poor Chris woke up with a temperature around 103. We tried to keep our distance, but it was hard, and I figured I must be better since I had so much more energy. Today Grandma took Chris to the doctor who confirmed a case of flu. I went to my doc and found out my counts are still incredibly low - go figure. So it is back to being homebound for a few more days.

Dr. McGaughey wants me to get a platelet transfusion tomorrow, but I think David Rice (nurse practitioner at Sloan Kettering) is going to call in the morning to see if we can hold off another day since a transfusion will interfere with my ability to get chemo at the end of the week. Travel to NY on Wed is not definite now, and I found out I'm not supposed to be flying (oops, missed that little detail). I will get a lab recheck on Wed. and hopefully we can take the train to NY on Thurs. Staying flexible.....

Well, Katie is begging to use the laptop before her bedtime. Our main computer crashed last week so we are sharing tech toys this week..... I'll try to post a little more later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel,

Just wanted you to know that you are in our thoughts and prayers on a constant basis. We love you and truly admire your strength and great sense of humor.

This morning I mentioned you to Dr. Day, the widow of Dr. Robert A. Good who was the head of Sloan Kettering at one time. She immediately called Dr. Richard O'Reilly at Sloan Kettering to ask him about Dr. Moscowitz. According to Dr. O'Reilly, Moscowitz is excellent and you should be in good hands. Dr. Day also sent an email to Dr. O'Reilly giving him your name and asking him to give Dr. Moscowitz a call.

Keep us posted on your trip to NYC.
We love you.

Aunt Dotes and the rest of the St. Pete gang