Thursday, August 1, 2013

Day +1....You gotta start somewhere!

Yesterday was Transplant Day, also known as Day 0.  I survived it with less fanfare than expected.  My yucky days have extended since Sunday so there just wasn't any energy to get on the party heels and celebrate.  But that is ok.  The stems cells transfused well and should be finding their way into my bone marrow as we speak.  Now it is just a waiting game to let everything grow and recover.

I have still been very weak and not eating much.  I am spiking a fever which leaves me wiped out.  I have had blood cultures and a chest x-ray, but so far they have not found anything to be too much of a concern.  The Tylenol works to keep the fever at bay and I have walked the halls a little when I have the energy.

But I am anxious to start feeling a little better.  The days go by very slowly when you are feeling sick.  The staff here on the Transplant Floor are encouraging, and I appreciate the many thoughts and prayers sent my way. You all are in my prayers as well - I thank God for such an awesome support network!

3 comments:

George said...

Day 1, 6 hrs, 52 minutes as I write this. Great to hear the fever is responding and that they haven't found anything serious. You'll be clocking up the laps of the hall and the miles on the spin cycle again in no time.
Love you George

Mother said...

Congratulations, Rachel, for 4 times walking in the halls today. The days will get better. Many people are praying for you. Love, mother

Davina Park said...

Yahoo! You may not be feeling like throwing on your party frock just yet, but we'll party for you to celebrate! Day zero is an AWESOME achievement and we are cheering and whooping here in Sydney. Bring on day, 1, 2, 3, 4 ... and before you know it, you'll be dancing to 80's tunes in the hallways!